MEDICAL FOSTER HOME PROGRAM
HIPAA USE AND DISCLOSURE OR PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION (PHI)
(Effective April 14, 2003)
As a reasonable effort to protect the integrity and security of Protected Health Information (PHI) of consumer and myself, I will strictly adhere to the following policies and procedures.
1. Do not discuss consumer personal/medical information where it could
be overheard. Do not state first and last name in public or on the phone.
2. All written information will be secured in locked file cabinets or
designated secured area.
3. Medical Foster Home files will be kept secure in the possession of
myself at all times.
4. All faxes will include the following HIPPA compliance paragraph on the
"NOTICE: This message and any attached documents are intended for delivery to, and use by, the individual or agency addressed above. This fax may contain privileged and/or confidential information."
5. Any veteran's information will be secured in my computers by a
6. Email and internet transmissions containing protected health
information will be
pass worded and accessible to myself and my designated relief person only.
7. Paper documents will be shredded, rendering them unreadable.